105 - Dan Elton, ASOS
In Ep. 105 of Earned, we sit down with Dan Elton, Senior Director of Customer and Marketing at trendy, fashion-forward online boutique, ASOS. To start, we dive into Dan’s thought process behind “starting at the ground floor” by focusing on stabilizing the brand, rebuilding the balance sheet, and refreshing the leadership team. We learn about ASOS’ goal to be in a position of growth, as well as its unique perspective on styling, which sets the brand apart from fellow industry leaders. Unpacking Dan’s experience in vastly different industries and companies, from Deloitte to Google, we hear what lessons he took from each stop on his journey, and how they shaped him into the executive he is today. Emphasizing his tenure working at Tesco and Sainsbury’s, Dan reveals how the grocery industry’s prioritization of quick execution drew him in, but the quality of leadership he was learning from kept him there. Dan underscores the importance of building internal muscle for branded content, and how a focus on selling a vision is vital. Additionally, Dan shares what he took away from his time working with MADE, an online furniture retailer that revolutionized the way London residents furnish their homes. To close the show, we switch gears and hear about Dan’s post-pandemic and self-proclaimed cliché hobby.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How a brand like ASOS is reinventing its customer journey, focusing on growth, and leveraging influencers for brand building.
- What led ASOS to focus on building long-term relationships with fashion influencers, and how this strategy is shaping their brand and productivity.
- How a career in different industries can make you a more well-rounded leader.
- ASOS - https://www.asos.com/us/
Connect with the Guest(s):
- Dan’s LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/danelton/?originalSubdomain=uk
Connect with Conor Begley & CreatorIQ:
Follow us on social: