110 - Lilly Ghalichi, Lilly Lashes
In the 110th episode of Earned, Conor sits down with Lilly Ghalichi, social media star and founder of creator favorite brand, Lilly Lashes. To start, we dive into the founding of Lilly Lashes, and hear the story of why Lilly classifies it as ‘accidental.’ A lawyer by trade, Lilly explains that it was her love of all things glam that led her to creating the brand. Next, Lilly shares that in the world of founders, what you’ll be remembered for is what succeeds, and all you need is one winning idea. We explore Lilly’s three secrets to winning with a social media business, which she definitely should’ve charged us for. Unpacking Lilly’s approach to strategy for Lilly Lashes, we start with her founding principle that the product was disruptive. We then learn about how Lilly utilized the organic conversation from high profile makeup artists to track sales, and how she came to the conclusion that this posting led to a surge in sales. Lilly emphasizes the acceleration we’ve all seen in the creator community, as well as the importance of investing in the right people to forge relationships that will propel your brand forward. With increased competition and greater saturation of brands, we explore the diverse ways that companies can bring creators into their brand development. Lilly reveals her own Instagram journey, shares her thoughts on the two kinds of influencers, and explains how she intentionally chooses what to focus on. To close the show, Lilly shares her dream to eventually build a brand with her daughter—so keep an eye out!
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Ghalichi utilized strategic creator partnerships that combine genuine content with deep community relationships to drive brand visibility and sales.
- The significant impact of product quality, targeted pricing, and the importance of a cohesive team in achieving long-term success in the competitive social marketing landscape.
- How Lily balanced her professional achievements and personal fulfillment and how she evolved from business-focused to family-prioritized.
- Lilly Lashes - https://www.lillylashes.com/
- Lilly Lashes on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/lillylashes/
Connect with the Guest(s):
- Lilly’s LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/lilly-ghalichi-a93654139/
Connect with Conor Begley & CreatorIQ:
Follow us on social: